THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
For the purpose of this policy, personal information is any information about an identifiable individual. We collect the following types of personal information:
Information You Provide
We may collect the following personal information that you voluntary provide us in using our Platforms:
If you are providing delivery information or other information which is not your own, then you must have that person’s permission to give us their information and for us to use and share it for the purposes specified.
- Create an Account. If you create an account with us, you will provide us with your name, email address, birth date, and you will create a password for future logins. You can also choose to login with your Facebook account instead.
- Subscribe to Our Newsletter. If you subscribe to our newsletter, you will provide us with your email address.
- Customer Service. If you contact our customer service department, you may need to provide us with additional information so that we can respond to your questions or concerns as completely and thoroughly as possible.
- When you make a purchase, you will provide us with your name, email address, phone number, physical address, and credit card or gift card information. We also will collect your payment card, gift card, or other payment information.
- If you purchase prescription products, you will provide us with your eye prescription information and insurance information.
- Register Products. If you decide to register your product(s), you may choose to voluntarily provide the date, of your last eye exam, the type(s) of products to register the purchase date, of the products, and the reason(s) why you decided to buy
- Find Your Match. If you use our Frame Advisor Technology, you will either upload a photograph of your face or you will allow the technology to take a scan of your face.
- Book an Appointment. If you book a store appointment, you will provide us with your name, email address, birth date, physical address, and phone number.
- Loyalty Program. If you sign up for our loyalty program, you will provide us with your name, email address, birth date, and you may choose to provide us with your gender.
- Track and Return Orders. If you check your order status or start a return, you will provide us with your order number and email address.
- Refer a Friend. To refer a friend, you will provide us with your name and email address, and the email address of the friend you are referring.
- If you enter a sweepstakes, contest, giveaway, or other promotion (each a “Promotion”), you will provide us with your age or birth date along with, in certain instances, confirmation of residency.
- Apply for a Job. If you apply for a job through one of our Platforms, we will collect any information you provide in your application, including, but not limited to, work authorization information, visa status, desired salary, language proficiency, educational background, employment history, and references. You may also choose to voluntarily provide optional information such as race, gender, or whether you are disabled.
- Survey. If you are participating in a survey, you may provide your gender and age, income, ethnicity, family size and marital status.
- Business Information. We may collect personal information from business clients or vendors, including company name, physical address, phone number, email address, and credit card information.
- Some of the affiliates and brands covered by this Policy are subject to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”). These affiliates and brands may collect additional information that is considered “protected health information” (“PHI”) as defined by HIPAA.
- Biometric Information. We may collect biometric information to provide you with certain services. See the “BIOMETRIC INFORMATION” section of this Policy to learn more about how this information is collected, used, disclosed and stored.
Information as You Navigate Our Platforms
We automatically collect certain personal information through your use of the Platforms, such as the following:
- Usage Information. For example, the pages on the Platforms you access, the frequency of access, and what you click on while on the Platforms.
- Device Information. For example, hardware model, operating system, application version number, and browser.
- Mobile Device Information. Aggregated information about whether the Platforms are accessed via a mobile device or tablet, the device type, and the carrier.
- Location Information. Location information from Platform visitors on a city-regional basis.
Third Party Information
In some cases, we may receive certain personal information from you about a third party. For example, when you refer a friend, you will provide the email address of a third party. If you submit any personal information about another individual to us, you are responsible for making sure you have the authority to do so and to allow us to use their personal information in accordance with this Policy.