Thank you for visiting a Luxottica of America, Inc. (“Luxottica”) brand store. Luxottica and our affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively, “Luxottica,” “we,” “our,” or “us”) respect the privacy of your information. If you are a California resident, the California Consumer Privacy Act, as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020 (“CCPA”) provides you with certain rights. This In-Store Notice at Collection of Personal Information (“Notice”) is for California residents. It is designed to inform you of the categories of personal information we collect when you visit one of our stores and the purposes for which we collect this personal information. If you are not a California resident, this Notice does not apply to you.
The CCPA defines “personal information” to mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California resident or household. Personal information does not include publicly available, deidentified or aggregated information or lawfully obtained, truthful information that is a matter of public concern.
The CCPA’s privacy rights described below do not apply to personal health information that we collect in our capacity as a covered entity under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act and its rules and regulations (collectively, “HIPAA”) and patient information that we maintain in the same manner as patient health information. Your choices and rights with respect to our use and sharing of that information are subject to our Notice of Privacy Practices.
When you visit one of our store locations, you can expect that we will collect the following categories of Personal Information depending on your interaction with us:
- Identifiers (name, postal address, and email address)
- Telephone number
- Credit and debit card number
- Insurance policy number
- Medical information
- Commercial information (records of products or services purchased)
- Biometric information (imagery of iris, imagery of retina, imagery of face, from which an identifier template, such as a faceprint, a minutiae template, or a voiceprint, can be extracted)
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law (age (40 and older))
- Visual information (e.g., CCTV footage)
We currently collect and have collected the above categories of Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Signing you up for our loyalty program
- Providing you with eye care health services
- Performing services, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, processing returns, and processing payments
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us
- Advancing our commercial or economic interests, such as by inducing another person to buy, rent, join, subscribe to, provide, or exchange products, goods, information, or services, or enabling or effecting, directly or indirectly, a commercial transaction
Retention of Personal Information
We retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collect it, such as to provide you with the service you have requested, and for the purpose of satisfying any legal, accounting, contractual, or reporting requirements that apply to us.
Right to Opt Out of Sale or Sharing of Personal Information
Notice of Financial Incentive
Sunglass Hut offers programs, benefits, and other offerings related to the collection, retention, use, or sale of your Personal Information that may be deemed a “financial incentive” or “price or service difference” under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). We are providing you this information so that you may make an informed decision on whether to participate in our program(s). Participation is always optional! Categories of Personal Information that we may collect when you sign up for a program include your name and email address. By signing up for any of our programs, you affirmatively opt in to receiving the financial incentive. You can end program participation at any time by contacting us at [insert email address] to unsubscribe or cancel your participation in any program. We will not discriminate against you, in any manner prohibited by applicable law, for exercising these rights. Please note that we may add or change incentive programs, or their terms by posting notice on the program descriptions and terms linked to above, so check them regularly.
Financial incentives or price or service differences relate to the collection and use of Personal Information and is based upon our reasonable, good-faith determination of the estimated value of such information to our business, taking into consideration the value of the offer or benefit itself and the anticipated revenue generation that may be realized by rewarding brand loyalty. We calculate the value of the offer and financial incentive by using the expense related to the offer. Based on this analysis, the value of your Personal Information that allows us to make these offers and financial incentives is the value of the offer itself.
To contact us for questions or concerns about our privacy policies or practices please email us at: email@example.com