Learn more about Sunglass Hut actions.
What is the manufacturer warranty policy?arrow arrow
You can view and download the Ray-Ban Stories manufacturer warranty policy here.
How do i return my Ray-Ban Stories?arrow arrow
We’re sorry that something didn’t work out with your glasses.
To return your Ray-Ban Stories please complete the following steps:
- Contact Customer Care who will assess the status of the glasses and arrange the return for you.
- Import all of your captures to your phone or the Facebook View app.
- Factory reset the glasses to remove your personal data and delete your captures.
- Turn off the glasses.
- Prepare your return with the box that your glasses arrived in. In addition to the glasses please add all of the accessories, including the charging case and cable. If the box is no longer available or in a suitable condition, please ask Customer Care for a return kit and we’ll mail you everything you need to complete the return.
- Follow the shipping instructions listed on your box. Or download the instructions here.
What do i need to use Ray-Ban Stories?arrow arrow
To operate Ray-Ban Stories you need to connect your glasses with a smart phone and the Facebook View App. Here’s the complete checklist:
- Smart phone with a recently released operating system: Android 8.1 and above (with location services enabled) or iPhone 6S or above, running iOS 13 and above
- Wireless internet access
- USB-C charging plug (if charging from a power outlet and not directly from a USB point)
- A valid Facebook account
- Facebook View App (downloadable from your App store or by scanning this QR code)
What's included with my Ray-Ban Stories glasses?arrow arrow
Your Ray-Ban Stories comes with the following accessories and user manuals:
- Charging case
- Type-C to Type-C USB charging cable
- Soft glasses pouch
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety & Warranty Guide (also downloadable here)
How do i download the facebook view app?arrow arrow
You can download the Ray-Ban Stories companion app, Facebook View, from the Apple App or Google Play stores. Please note the app is only available to download in supported countries.
How do i set up my Ray-Ban Stories?arrow arrow
- Download the Facebook View app from your app store and log in using your Facebook account.
- Turn on the Bluetooth setting on your phone.
- 3a. Start by turning on your glasses. Slide and hold the power switch towards the lens until the notification LED starts blinking white, then release it. The notification LED blinks white while your glasses turn on, which can take up to a minute. When the notification LED turns solid green, you're ready to continue. (If you can’t complete this step, continue to 3b, otherwise move on to step 4)3b. Your glasses should arrive partially charged, however you may need to charge your glasses before moving on to step 4. Place them inside the charging case and connect the case to a power source.
- Put your glasses into Bluetooth pairing mode. Slide and hold the power switch for 5 seconds and release when the light blinks blue. Your glasses will appear in the app when they're in pairing mode, which can take up to 10 seconds.
- Continue following the instructions in the Facebook View app to finish setting up your glasses.
- Enjoy exploring your world in a new way with Ray-Ban Stories
For illustrated set up instructions, please refer to the Facebook View app.
Are my Ray-Ban Stories waterproof?arrow arrow
Ray-Ban Stories and the charging case are not designed to resist to watersplashes.
Where can i find care tips and instructions?arrow arrow
You'll find complete care, safety and use instructions in the Safety and Warranty Guide that came with your glasses.
You can also download them here.
Where do i find the product serial number of my glasses and case?arrow arrow
You can find your Ray-Ban Stories Serial Number in two places:
- In the Facebook View app under: Settings - My Glasses - About
- Printed on the inside of the left temple of your glasses
You can also find your case Serial Number in two places:
- In the Facebook View app under: Settings - My Glasses - About
- Printed on the case interior.
Can i pair my Ray-Ban Stories with more than one facebook account?arrow arrow
Ray-Ban Stories can only pair with one valid Facebook account at a time. You'll need to factory reset your glasses before someone else can use them.
How do i turn my glasses on and off?arrow arrow
The power ON/OFF switch is located on the left inner arm of the glasses, near the hinge.
To turn ON: Slide and hold the power switch towards the lens until the notification LED starts blinking white, then release it. The white LED will blink while your glasses turn on. When it turns solid green, you’re ready to continue.
To turn OFF: Slide the power switch all the way to the left. There is no LED or sound to signal that the glasses have turned off.
How do i pair my glasses using bluetooth?arrow arrow
If you’ve paired your phone and glasses before, they should automatically pair again. To pair them for the first time, follow these set up instructions.
If your glasses aren't connecting to the app, follow the in-app suggestions or manually try the following actions:
- Forget Device in your phone’s Bluetooth menu and pair them again
- Close and relaunch the Facebook View app
- Download the latest version of the app from your app store
- Make sure your glasses are sufficiently charged
- Force restart the device
How do i charge my Ray-Ban Stories?arrow arrow
Charging your glasses
To charge your glasses, put them in the charging case*. You'll know your glasses are charging when the case LED blinks after you've docked them and closed the case.*The first time you charge your glasses you need to remove the protective plastic tab from the metal charging connections on the case. When you dock your glasses, the left temple should attach to the metal charging connections and the right temple should gently rest on the right side of the case.
Charging your case
To charge your charging case, use the USB cable that came with your glasses to connect the case with a charger or port. To charge from a wall outlet, you'll need a USB-C plug, which is not included with your glasses.
Your charging case has an LED indicator on the front of the case, which shows charge status of the case or glasses.When you open the case without your glasses inside, the LED will show the charge level of your case. Green means that your case has over 80% charge and orange means you have less than 80% charge. If you see red blinking, this means your case is out of battery.When you open the case and your glasses are charging inside, the LED will show the charge level of your glasses. Red means the case is out of battery or your glasses are not charging, green means that your glasses are fully charged, and pulsing orange means your glasses are charging. If your case is plugged in, the LED will remain on. If your case is not plugged in, the LED indicator will show charge level for 8 seconds.You can also see the charging status via the Facebook View app within Settings.You’ll be able to see the battery status of your glasses via the Facebook View app within Settings. If the glasses are charging in the case, you’ll also see the battery status of your case.
For safety warning on charging your Ray-Ban Stories please refer to the Warranty and Safety Guide.
How long does the battery last? / How often will i need recharge?arrow arrow
Your Ray-Ban Stories glasses and Charging Case have a different charge lifecycles:
A fully charged case provides 3 additional frame charges.
You can fully the charge case to 100% in 180 minutes
Fully charged glasses last up to 6 hours for moderate usage and up to 3 hours with continuous audio streaming and Facebook Assistant. This may vary with use and other factors.
The glasses can capture and sync up to 50 videos or up to 200 photos per full charge.
You can fully charge the glasses to 100% in 70 minutes in the charging case
You can quick charge the glasses to 50% in 30 minutes in the charging case
How long does it take to charge my glasses?arrow arrow
You can fully charge the glasses to 100% in 70 minutes in the charging case.
You can quick charge the glasses to 50% in 30 minutes in the charging case.
How long do fully charged glasses last?arrow arrow
Fully charged glasses last up to 6 hours for moderate usage and up to 3 hours with continuous audio streaming and voice assistant. This varies with use an other factors. The glasses can capture and sync up to 50 videos or up to 200 photos per full charge.
How do i check the charge level of my glasses and case?arrow arrow
There are two ways to check the charge level of your glasses and case:
- Use the Case LED
Your charging case has an LED indicator on the front of the case, which shows charge status of the case or glasses. When you open the case without your glasses inside, the LED will show the charge level of your case. Green means that your case has over 80% charge and orange means you have less than 80% charge. If you see red blinking, this means your case is out of battery.When you open the case and your glasses are charging inside, the LED will show the charge level of your glasses. Red means the case is out of battery or your glasses are not charging, green means that your glasses are fully charged, and pulsing orange means your glasses are charging. If your case is plugged in, the LED will remain on. If your case is not plugged in, the LED indicator will show charge level for 8 seconds.
- Use the Facebook View app
When your glasses are connected to the app, you’ll be able to see the charge status within Settings. To see the case charging level within the app, dock your glasses in the charging case.
How do i take a picture or video using Ray-Ban Stories?arrow arrow
There are two ways to take photos and videos with your Ray-Ban Stories:
- One-touch control
To take a photo, press and hold the capture button. The white notification LED will blink and make a sound during the capture.
To record a video, press the capture button once to record a 30- or 60-second video. Press again to stop recording. The white notification LED will stay on while you're recording.
The default video length is 30 seconds, but it can be extended to 60 seconds in Facebook View App settings.
- Hands-free voice command
When Facebook assistant is wake word enabled, you can use your voice to take a photo or video. Say ""Hey Facebook, take a photo"" or ""Hey Facebook, take a video.""
When you take a photo or video, the capture LED will activate to indicate to those around you that you may be recording.
To learn more, watch the Product Tour via the Facebook View app within Settings.
How do i operate the camera in low light or motion conditions?arrow arrow
The dual HD camera automatically adjusts to your environment for consistently high quality photo and video captures.
What do the lights on my notification led mean?arrow arrow
The notification LED, located inside near the right temple, changes color to signal a change of status relating to power, the capture function, Facebook Assistant, and the call function.
Power on: The notification LED blinks white for about 12 seconds, then turns green for a couple seconds to let you know your glasses are ready to use.
Wake: The notification LED briefly blinks white then green to let you know your glasses are ready to use.
Low battery: The notification LED blinks orange 4 times when your glasses have low battery.
Shutdown: The notification LED blinks red 4 times when your glasses are about to automatically shut down when battery runs out, they get too hot, or too cold.
Photo and Video Capture
Photos: Both the notification LED and the capture LED blink white once when you take a photo.
Videos: Both the notification LED and the capture LED turn solid white while you record video.
Capture errors: The notification LED turns solid orange for about 3 seconds if it runs into a problem that prevents you from taking captures.
Facebook Assistant: The notification LED will pulse white to let you know Facebook Assistant is listening.
Incoming call: The notification LED blinks white.
Call connected: The notification LED pulses white while you're on a call.
How do the audio controls work?arrow arrow
Use the touchpad on the right-side temple of your glasses to control playback and volume:
- Tap once to pause / resume playback
- Tap once to pause or play audio
- Double tap to skip forward
- Triple tap to skip back
- Swipe forward to turn the volume up
- Swipe back to turn the volume down
When you close your glasses, audio streaming will pause. When you reopen the glasses, they will reconnect via Bluetooth.
How do i adjust volume on my glasses?arrow arrow
To adjust volume on your glasses, swipe forward on the touchpad to turn up volume and swipe back to turn down volume. You can check how the volume sounds to people around you by removing your glasses while media is playing.
You can also adjust the volume of system sounds in the Facebook View app. Some examples of system sounds include low-battery warning and a sound to indicate you're taking a photo.
To adjust the volume of system alerts:
- From the Facebook View app, tap on your profile photo in the top right.
- Tap System Alerts.
- Tap System Sounds.
How do i import media from my glasses to my smart phone?arrow arrow
- Enable Bluetooth on your phone and pair your glasses and phone via the Facebook View app
- Tap the circular download button in the lower right hand corner of the app home screen, which shows how many captures are available for download
- For things that require a fast connection to download, like import and firmware updates, your glasses will temporarily connect to their internal Wi-F network. On iOS, accept the “Join Wi-Fi Network” request and the glasses will start to transfer the files to the app.
How do i share photos and videos?arrow arrow
Once you’re in the Facebook View app, select a photo or video and tap on the share icon. You’ll see different ways to share your captures or save them to your phone's camera roll or gallery. Limitations may apply depending on which app you're sharing to.
How do i edit my captures using facebook view?arrow arrow
Facebook View features several tools to help you edit your photos and videos. You can crop, straighten*, adjust lighting and add enhancements to your captures and trim your videos. You can always select Revert to revert back to the original photo.
How to edit your capture:
- Tap on the capture you want to edit.
- Tap the edit icon.
How to use the Adjust tool:
Adjust the Brightness slider to make your capture brighter or darker.
Adjust the Sharpen slider to add crispness to your capture.
Adjust the Saturation slider to increase or decrease the color intensity of your capture (example: adjust up to make the red redder).
Adjust the Warmth slider to shift the colors of your capture toward warmer orange tones or cooler blue tones.
Tap Enhance to automatically improve the quality of your capture.
How to use the Crop tool:
Adjust the Straighten slider to change the photo’s vertical or horizontal perspective.
Choose to crop your capture to landscape, square, or portrait orientation.
You can also crop by touching the screen and pinching to zoom in.
You may move the capture and adjust how it fits within the frame.
Use the grid to help you frame the capture.
How to trim your video:
Adjust the slider on either side of your video to change the start and end time of your video.
You may also preview your trimmed video by pressing the play button.
*Straighten is currently only available for iOS but is coming soon on Android.
What is a montage?arrow arrow
A Montage allows you to compile 4-10 individual video captures into one shareable movie with effects, title and original music. You can choose from a variety of templates and music tracks, and edit the title, clips and music.
How do i create a montage?arrow arrow
To create a Montage in Facebook View, follow these steps:
- Tap on one video capture from the gallery
- Tap the “Montage” icon in the middle of the action bar
- Choose captures to add as clips
- Tap Next at the bottom of the screen
- Select a Template by tapping on the one you want to use.
- Tap Next in top right corner
- Edit the title, clips, music, and aspect ratio, and duration
- Tap Save in the top right corner
Your Montage will now be saved in your Gallery.
What is a flashback?arrow arrow
A Flashback allows you to turn a photo captured on Ray-Ban Stories into a short 3D video. You can choose from different templates and edit with soft focus effects, camera motion and text.
How do i create a flashback?arrow arrow
Follow these steps to create a Flashback in Facebook View:
- Tap on a photo from your gallery
- Tap the “Flashback” icon in the middle of the action bar
- Choose a Template by tapping on the one you want to use
- Follow prompts to reposition the photo, change focus, or add text
- Tap Save in the top right corner (the Flashback will now be saved to your Gallery)
How do i add music to my videos using facebook view?arrow arrow
With Facebook View you can add music to your videos when creating a Montage. When you create a Montage you can choose music tracks to add to your shareable Montage.
How do i apply effects to my photos using facebook view?arrow arrow
With Facebook View you can use the editing tools to edit your photos and apply effects by creating a Flashback.
You can also save your photo to your phone’s gallery or photo library and edit there – or with an editing app of your choice.
How do i turn on facebook assistant for my Ray-Ban Stories?arrow arrow
You can enable Facebook Assistant in the settings of the Facebook View app.
To turn Facebook Assistant on or off:
- Open Facebook View and tap your profile picture in the top right of the screen.
- Tap Facebook Assistant, then tap the toggle next to Facebook Assistant.
What voice commands can i use with “hey facebook?"arrow arrow
You can use "Hey Facebook" to capture photos and videos, make calls and send messages, control media and volume, and check battery status by saying:
“Hey Facebook, take a photo.”
“Hey Facebook, take a picture.”
“Hey Facebook, start a video."
“Hey Facebook, start recording”
“Hey Facebook, record a video now.”
"Hey Facebook, take a video.”
“Hey Facebook, end video.”
“Hey Facebook, stop video.”
Calling and Messaging
“Hey Facebook, call [name]."
"Hey Facebook, send a message to [name].”
Media and Volume Control
“Hey Facebook, pause."
"Hey Facebook, next.”
“Hey Facebook, stop.""
"Hey Facebook, resume.”
“Hey Facebook, volume up.""
"Hey Facebook, volume down.”
“Hey Facebook, battery status."
"Hey Facebook, how much battery is left?”
Facebook Assistant currently operates in English, French and Italian.
But selected voice commands are only available in English.
Which languages does facebook assistant support?arrow arrow
Facebook Assistant currently operates in English, French and Italian. But selected voice commands are only available in English.
How do i force restart or factory reset my glasses?arrow arrow
If you find that your glasses aren't responding, try the following troubleshooting steps.
- With your glasses on, slide and hold the power switch to the right for about 12 seconds until the notification LED starts blinking white.
- Release the power switch, then wait until the notification LED turns green.
Warning: This will delete all the captures on your glasses.
- Make sure your glasses are on and ready, which means no blinking LED and they're not busy.
- Slide and hold the power switch to the right while you press and hold the capture button.
- When the LED turns orange, first release the capture button followed by the power switch.
What should i do if my glasses won't turn on?arrow arrow
If you’re glasses aren’t turning on, try the following steps:
- Dock the glasses inside the charging case and charge for an hour. Make sure the charging pins on the case and glasses are clean. If the glasses are charging, the LED indicator on the case will show pulsing orange. If you don’t see a charging indicator, try charging the case from a different outlet, with a different cable, with a different charger or with a USB-C charging block.
- Slide and hold the power switch for 5-10 seconds to check for the glasses notification LED indicator. The LED will blink white for about 12 seconds and will turn solid green when the glasses are ready to use.
- If you’ve tried steps 1 to 3 and your glasses still don’t turn on after several hours of charging, you can request a replacement pair. Please refer to FAQ 8 for instructions on how to begin a replacement request.
- Your glasses and charging case should arrive partially charged.
- Using the case is the only method to charge your glasses.
- Software updates requires a minimum charge level that varies depending on temperature. The Facebook View app shows a warning message if your glasses need more charge to proceed with an update.
My glasses aren't pairing with the app, what should i do?arrow arrow
If your glasses aren’t pairing with the Facebook View app, try the following troubleshooting steps.
Make sure that:
- Your glasses are charged and turned on: Slide and hold the power switch towards the lens until the notification LED starts blinking white, then release it. The white LED will blink while your glasses turn on. When it turns solid green, you’re ready to continue.
- Bluetooth is enabled on your phone.
- Your glasses are unpaired on your phone. If you are on iOS, go to your phone's bluetooth settings. Tap the info icon next to your glasses from the list of devices. Tap Forget This Device. This step isn't necessary on Android devices.
- The device is in pairing mode: Slide and hold the power switch for 5 seconds and release when the light blinks blue. Your glasses will appear in the app when they're in pairing mode, which can take up to 10 seconds.
If Ray-Ban Stories still doesn’t appear in the app, complete the following steps:
- Turn your glasses off and back on again
- Try quitting the Facebook View app and reopening it.
If you’re still unable to pair to the app during setup, please contact customer care.
I'm having issues using "hey facebook" with Ray-Ban Stories. What should i do?arrow arrow
When you say “Hey Facebook,” the notification LED will pulse white to let you know Facebook Assistant is listening. If Assistant doesn't respond to your voice, check the following:
- Make sure your glasses are on and the battery is charged.
- Check that Assistant and "Hey Facebook" are enabled in the settings of Facebook View.
- Make sure there’s no background noise that might be disrupting or interfering with Assistant.
Where can i find more information on privacy and data related to Ray-Ban Stories and facebook view?arrow arrow
Additional privacy or data information is provided at the Facebook View Help Center.
Where can i find Ray-Ban Stories health & safety information?arrow arrow
You'll find health & safety information relating to Ray-Ban Stories in your glasses Safety & Warranty document, which you can download here.
How should i clean my Ray-Ban Stories glasses?arrow arrow
To clean your glasses use a dampened cloth and mild soap avoiding all types of solvents or alcohol. Don't use dirty or abrasive cloths which could alter the features of the lenses. Don't hold your glasses under running water.
How should i clean my Ray-Ban Stories glasses?arrow arrow
You can rewatch the Product Tour to get to know your glasses by following these steps:
- From the Facebook View app, tap on your profile picture to enter Settings.
- Tap Help and Support
- Tap Product Tour
Can i substitute the battery in my glasses or charging case?arrow arrow
No, it's not possible to replace the embedded battery inside the glasses or charging case.
What do the markings on the glasses and charging case batteries mean?arrow arrow
Please download the attached document which explains how to read these markings.
Where can I get more information or support if I don't find my answer in the faq?arrow arrow
We’re sorry that you haven’t found the answer you’re looking for. You can find further information and contact details for our customer care via the Sunglass Hut Help Center. You can also visit the Facebook Help Center for more information on the Facebook View app.
What is the WEEE directive?arrow arrow
We all have a responsibility to protect the environment even when our product reaches the end of its life. That's why we support the WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) Directive of the European Union (including the UK), which ensures that electrical and electronic equipment is disposed of correctly and in an environmentally friendly way.
The WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) Directive was created by the European Union and establishes the safe and responsible collection, recycling and recovery of all types of electrical and electronic waste.
The WEEE Directive is European legislation that imposes obligations on all EU Member States and the UK with the aim of minimising the environmental impact of electrical and electronic equipment. Electrical and electronic equipment must be collected and sorted with proper treatment, recovery and disposal in an environmentally sound manner so that the amount of waste going to landfill is drastically reduced
How do i recycle an electronic product?arrow arrow
In the course of our lives, each of us throws away significant amounts of electrical and electronic equipment. We need to protect the environment by adopting sustainability criteria.Our products may contain hazardous materials which, if not disposed of properly, can have a negative impact on health and the environment. We're committed to the safe recovery of waste electrical and electronic equipment.
This symbol indicates that the product should not be disposed of with household waste, but should be handed over to an appropriate collection facility for recycling. Proper disposal and recycling helps to conserve natural resources, health and the environment. If you have bought one of our Wearables in one of our stores or on our website and want to dispose of your old smart glasses, you can also bring them to one of our stores and we can help you with the disposal. Or you can contact your local authority or waste disposal service. In some stores we offer free collection of small electrical/electronic devices and household batteries for proper disposal, please contact us to find out who is participating or for more information.
The lithium ion rechargeable battery contains hazardous and harmful substances and should NOT be handled or removed.
Can I update to Android 13?arrow arrow
Updating to Android 13 may cause the following issues when using Bluetooth with Ray-Ban Stories on some Android devices:
Bluetooth audio may stop working. Restarting your phone may fix this.
Some music controls may not work, such as tapping the touchpad or using Facebook Assistant to play, pause and skip forwards or back. You can still control music apps through your phone and listen with your Ray-Ban Stories.
Answering incoming phone calls by tapping the touchpad or using Facebook Assistant may not work. You can still answer calls on your phone and use Ray-Ban Stories to speak to the caller.
We're working on software updates to address these issues.