Rated 2 out of 5 by myself not useful for day time
purchased these "sunglasses" hoping to only need one pair to ride my motorcycle all day and night and for softball as the sun is setting in my face. description led me to believe they would be much darker in daytime, guess 69% doesn't do much. do not notice much of a difference as the light changes. Could have purchased clear lenses for a lot less money.
CLEAR BLACK IRIDIUM PHOTOCHROMIC
Light Transmission (Activated)69%
Light ConditionsChanging Conditions
Base Lens ColorClear
Rated 4 out of 5 by stp1 Good all around sunglasses
I bought these for road cycling. I ride often in the early morning (sometime before the sun comes up) and evenings and the photochromic allows me to have sun protection but still have glasses on when starting or ending a ride in low light/darkness. They work great for those types of rides. No more guessing which lens to run with and compromising one way or the other for half a ride! They are usable in bright daytime sunlight and I have not felt the need to go to my alternate pair of sunglasses but keep in mind they don't get super dark. But they are usable in bright light.
My (minor) beefs with them is the seem to collect sweat a little more than my old M Frames did. And, when the sun is low in the sky there is more glare than I'd like at times. On the other hand, they are comfy and the photochromic thing works awesome for about 80% of my rides and is more than usable for the other 20%. I won't recommend this lens if you ride 100% in the middle of the day but if you span low to bright light often, these are great!
Rated 5 out of 5 by jchase62 Perfect for all sun conditions and hazy days.
I bought these sunglasses for the varying sun conditions while kayaking. I love them!