|Sydney||5-7 business days||Free|
|Other Capital Cities||5-7 business days||Free|
|Regional areas||5-7 business days||Free|
|PO Boxes||Please allow an additional 2 days for metro and 3-4 days for rural||Free|
- Armani Exchange
- Christian Dior
- Dolce & Gabbana
- Emporio Armani
- Giorgio Armani
- Karen Walker
- Maui Jim
- Michael Kors
- MIU MIU
- Oakley Women's
- Polo Ralph Lauren
- Prada Linea Rossa
- Tiffany & Co.
- Vogue Eyewear
SUNGLASS HUT SUMMER 2017 COMPETITION – TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter the Competition and the entry registration process forms part of these terms and conditions of entry and is the property of the Promoter. Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. To be eligible to enter the Competition, entrants must be aged 18 years or over, be residents of Australia, and have a valid personal Instagram account (Eligible Entrants). Employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related entities and agencies connected with the Competition are not eligible to enter.
3. The Competition commences at 9:00am (AEDT) on 21 November 2016 and closes at 11:59pm (AEDT) on 15 January 2017 (Competition Period).
4. To enter the Competition, Eligible Entrants during the Competition Period must take and post a new photo that shows their favourite summer moment with a pair of their favourite summer sunglasses on their Instagram account and include the hashtag #ShadesOfYou, and tag @sunglasshut on Instagram.
5. Eligible Entrants are permitted to submit unlimited entries during the competition period. Eligible Entrants must ensure their privacy settings on their Instagram accounts are set to “public” so that the Promoter can view the post.
6. This Competition is a game of skill, chance plays no part in determining the winner and each valid entry will be individually judged by representatives of the Promoter on the basis of originality and creativity.
7. Entrants must be available to take up their selected prize as outlined below in the dates listed in clause 8b by the Promoter.
8. The most original and creative entry as judged by the Promoter will win the Major Prize consisting of:
a. A $1000 Sunglass Hut Gift card; and b. The Winner’s choice of one (1) of the following, which are valued at up to $10,000: i. Five (5) nights at a private villa in Bali for the Winner and three (3) friends which includes return economy flights for four (4) from the Winner’s nearest major domestic airport within Australia to Denpasar airport (transfers to and from the airports are not included); two-bedroom Private Villa accommodation in Seminyak, Bali (chosen by the Promoter). Spending money, travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, and all other additional costs are the responsibility of the Winner. Flights and accommodation will be arranged by Sunglass Hut. This prize must be redeemed by 31 December 2017 and cannot be used during school holiday periods; or ii. Private rooftop party for the Winner and forty (40) friends (must be over the age of 18) at a venue determined by the Promoter in either Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane or Adelaide. Prize includes venue hire, music, set up costs, food and 2 drinks per person. Prize does not include transport to and from the venue for the Winner and forty (40) friends. This prize must be redeemed by 31 March 2017; or iii. A private charter cruise for three (3) nights for four (4) people (three (3) on-board meals per day included) around the Whitsundays as determined by the Promoter; return economy flights for four (4) from the winner’s nearest major domestic airport within Australia to Proserpine airport (transfers to and from the airports are not included). Spending money, travel insurance, passports, and all other additional costs are the responsibility of the Winner. Flights and charter will be arranged by Sunglass Hut. This prize must be redeemed by 31 December 2017; or iv. A two (2) night private house rental as chosen by the Promoter in either Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Melbourne or Adelaide for the Winner and three (3) friends. A catered lunch with drinks will be provided on the first day. Prize does not include transport to and from the venue or additional spending money or additional meals. Accommodation and one (1) catered lunch will be arranged by Sunglass Hut. This prize must be redeemed by 31 December 2017; or v. A 24 hour (overnight) cruise around Sydney Harbour on a private charter for the winner and five (5) friends. Prize includes meals on-board, but does not include transport to and from the wharf for the winner and five (5) friends. The charter and meals will be arranged by Sunglass Hut. This prize must be redeemed by 30 December 2017.
9. Total amount of prizes = one (1). The prize is valued at up to $11,000 (including GST). Prize is not transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. Prize must be taken as described and no compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the prize as described.
10. The Winner will be notified by direct message via Instagram by the close of business on the 17 January 2017. The winner will be required to respond to the Promoter in order to claim their prize via email@example.com with their contact details including postal address, email address and contact number by 5:00pm (AEDT) on 20 January 2017. In the event that for any reason whatsoever the Winner does not respond to the prize notification by 5:00pm (AEDT) on 20 January 2017, then the prize will be forfeited by the Winner. The unclaimed prize will go to the next best valid entry as judged by the Promoter on the 23 January 2017 and they will be notified by direct message via Instagram.
11. If the selected prize contains flights they will be arranged by Sunglass Hut and tickets will be delivered to the winner’s email address at least one (1) week prior to the selected date. The remainder of the prizes will be delivered and/or arranged directly to/with the Winner.
12. Any changes/cancellations of prizes outside the Promoter’s control may incur additional charges from carriage and/or accommodation providers, and/or other prize suppliers, and the Promoter will not be liable for any such additional costs. The Winner will also be responsible for any additional costs associated with changes or cancellations to the original booking requested by the Winner.
13. The following additional terms and conditions apply to all prizes: subject to ticket terms and conditions, conditions of prize suppliers including conditions of carriage, and conditions of stay at relevant accommodation.
14. All entries become the property of the Promoter. Each entrant warrants that he/she has the right to transfer these rights to the Promoter, and that each submitted entry does not infringe the rights of any third party.
15. Each entrant warrants and represents that his/her entry to the Competition: a. is comprised of the entrant’s sole and original work and that any consents or approvals required from any third party in respect of the entry have been obtained; b. does not contain any computer viruses or any other harmful code of any kind; c. does not infringe the intellectual property or other rights of any entity and that use of the entry by the Promoter as contemplated by these terms and conditions will not infringe the intellectual property or other rights of any entity; and d. does not contain or link to any material which may in any way bring the Promoter or its related entities into disrepute, including any content which is sexually explicit or indecent, depicts dangerous or illegal acts, contains confidential information or personal information belonging to others or any content of any kind whatsoever which is unlawful, harmful, threatening, harassing, defamatory, misleading or otherwise objectionable. Each entrant licenses and grants the Promoter, its related entities and affiliates a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display any entries (or part thereof) for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants further agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights. The Promoter is not responsible for any error, deletion, defect, delay, unauthorised access to, or alteration or non-receipt of an entrant’s communications or entries.
16. The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of these terms and conditions and the Competition is final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
17. Each entrant warrants that they have the consent of any recognisable person displayed in entry and that such person accepts that the entry will be treated in accordance with these terms and conditions.
18. The following additional terms and conditions apply to each part of the Major Prize: a. Winners must comply with all terms and conditions issued by a supplier of a part of the prize. b. All elements of the prize must be taken as provided by the Promoter including time and date. c. It is the responsibility and at the cost of the winner organise their own form of travel unless otherwise stated in the prize. No additional entertainment forms part of the prize. d. Any companion of a winner must be 18 years of age.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, age, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Unless otherwise nominated, the winner’s prize will be sent to the address held by the Promoter for the entrant.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions of entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Competition which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
21. Once prizes have left the Promoter’s or its agent’s premises, no responsibility is accepted for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit and after they are released to the winners. All prices stated are in Australian dollars and include GST.
22. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the Competition, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
23. The: (a) Promoter, the Promoter’s related entities and all agencies associated with the Competition; and (b) the employees, agents, directors and contractors, of all entities referred to in paragraph (a) above, shall not be liable for any loss or claim, action, demand, liability, damage, cost, expense or personal injury whatsoever (including but not limited to any direct, indirect or consequential loss), incurred, suffered or sustained by any person or entity (without limitation) in connection with, or arising from, the Competition or the acceptance or use of a prize, except that which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law). Nothing in these Conditions of Entry limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia. Without limitation on the foregoing, the Promoter is not responsible or liable for any costs, loss or damage arising out of any incorrect or inaccurate information, or information provided by the entrant, any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions, any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant, any costs whatsoever associated with use of the prize or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of the Competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
24. If for any reason the Competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of the Competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, subject to any written direction given under applicable regulation and, where necessary, with the approval of the relevant lottery authority.
25. In the event that a prize item is unavailable despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure it, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a different prize of equal or greater value.
26. Any costs associated with entering the Competition are the responsibility of the entrant.
28. The Promoter is Luxottica Retail Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 26 000 025 758) of 75 Talavera Rd (trading as Sunglass Hut), Macquarie Park NSW 2113.
29. Entrants acknowledge that the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Instagram whatsoever. Any information provided as part of the Competition is provided to the Promoter and not to Instagram. Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of the terms and conditions of Instagram. Entrants completely release Instagram from any and all liability in connection with this Promotion.
30. Each entrant must ensure that any other person whose details have been provided by the entrant to the Promoter for the purposes of the entrant’s participation in this Competition has given their implied or express consent for their details to be provided to the Promoter and any of its related bodies corporate and to be contacted by the Promoter or any of its related bodies corporate in relation to this Competition.
31. The Competition is governed exclusively by the laws of Australia